Macports-mgr

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Nov 7 23:00:56 UTC 2018

On 04.11.18 16:09, Mark Anderson wrote:
> I sent a message to Macports-mgr in July and haven't heard back. I know
> it can take a long time, but how long is a long time?

It is already way too long. The goal is to answer within one week.
PortMgr has failed way too often with this. In many cases it is just a
couple of templated mails to macports-infra and macports-dev that are
needed to make progress with requests... Flipping the bit to grant
access is comparatively fast.

Honestly, I am tired of the whole process. I also do not know how to
proceed or what we should be doing differently to make this work.
I suggested to change it before, for example to handle it publicly on
macports-dev instead. But we are still stuck with this, although it is
not working.

Personally, my time to contribute to MacPorts was especially limited
over the last couple of weeks as I started a new job. My daily work
machine is also no longer a Mac now, which also takes away some of the
incentive.

Rainer