Dealing with a click-through license

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Nov 27 21:07:27 UTC 2018

On 26.11.18 03:26, Randolph M. Fritz wrote:
> No, you can download it. The license is an old BSD license, so it's
> pretty good, but users are required to read and accept it. Is there any
> way to accommodate this, or do I simply have to say that we can't
> distribute a portfile for the system?

Even if the distfile cannot be downloaded, you could still write a
Portfile, but users would be required to download the file manually.

As an example, see the geoexpress-sdk port that does something similar:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/b11b60aec24d59304043c28492741554e0e616e2/gis/geoexpress-sdk/Portfile

Rainer