environment settings

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 28 00:16:07 UTC 2018

On Nov 27, 2018, at 16:58, Mark Brethen wrote:

> A couple of remaining thoughts I had:
>
> 1. The BSD port uses metis4 whereas macports metis distro is at v5. I didn’t check to see which one it used.

taucs builds with "-lmetis", in other words, libmetis.dylib, whatever version that may be.

> If it builds alright, I assume it will work.

One would hope so, but that's not necessarily true.

> 2. Calculix-ccx requires taucs at build. Should it matter if the static library exists, or not?

It depends on how the build system has been written. If it links with "-L/opt/local/lib -ltaucs", then it will find the libtaucs.dylib symlink* which points to the libtaucs.1.dylib dynamic library and it will hopefully work. If on the other hand it links with "/opt/local/lib/libtaucs.a" then it will fail because that file isn't there; probably in that case the build system should be fixed to link with the dynamic library.

* I realized I forgot to include that symlink in the Portfile; I've updated the Portfile in the ticket with this.