Merging pull requests for base

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Oct 3 08:20:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

Thanks to mostly Perry our PR queue for ports is now just as short as
PR queue for base despite having nearly 30 times as many requests
opened.

All but two PRs from ports are less than 2 months old, while base goes
all the way to December, with plenty of PRs from April, May, ... etc.
I looked at some. In many cases I don't feel competent enough to
simply merge, but plenty of them have no major opposition and no known
issues, just lack of either testers or someone who dared to push the
button.

I have an impression that in most cases it's mostly about nobody
daring to commit to master, not so much about the quality of the code.

Could we do a short campaign of trying to resolve as many PRs for the
base as possible? We also need to keep in mind that those changes
don't fly directly to users like changes in ports do. The changes will
automatically get a wider testing pool once they make it into master
and some glitches can still be corrected later.

Thank you,
    Mojca