unorthodox build setup?

Mark Brethen mark.brethen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 14:24:37 UTC 2018

I’m not sure how to handle this build setup: in the top directory there is a makefile but the configure files are in a subdirectory “src”. The makefile handles it thusly,

all:
	cd src; \
	autoconf; \
	autoheader
	mkdir -p $(BUILD); \
	cd $(BUILD); \
	../src/configure --disable-universal; \
	$(MAKE)

and so I get the following error:

--->  Configuring libreduce
Error: Failed to configure libreduce: configure failure: command execution failed
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_marbre_ports_math_reduce/libreduce/main.log for details.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
Error: Processing of port libreduce failed

If I use 'use_configure   no’ in my portfile then it won’t configure the way macport’s intends.

Mark Brethen
mark.brethen at gmail.com