OT: Apple 64-bit changes

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Fri Oct 19 21:39:32 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-20 08:06 , Randolph M. Fritz wrote:
> I am unable to find anything from Apple on the specific changes that
> have been made to command line app compilation in Mojave.
>
> I think what has been done is that /usr/include has been moved, and
> longs and pointers are now 64 bits. Do I have that right?

64-bit has been the default for many OS versions now. The difference is
that the 10.14 SDK no longer allows compiling for 32-bit.

You are correct that the headers that were previously in /usr/include
are now only available in the SDK, but that change is unrelated to the
removal of 32-bit support.

- Josh