OT: Apple 64-bit changes

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Oct 20 11:14:00 UTC 2018

> On 20 Oct 2018, at 11:54 am, Randolph M. Fritz <rmfritz3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks. So – what does that mean for a command line application? Or does it make any difference at all?

Depends what you mean, building or running ?

The bottom line is the writing has been on the wall for 32 bit applications in macOS for a while, and the changes in 10.14 are the start of the process to completely remove support. Rather than looking for ways to keep 32 bit builds going, I would suggest your effort is better spent migrating any applications you use to 64 bit builds.

It would help if you had any specific examples, rather than to talk in generalities.

Chris