Merging pull requests before 72 hours

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 22 04:26:58 UTC 2018

On Oct 21, 2018, at 20:08, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> They currently have 28 issues open for formulas. We have ...
>> thousands? (Last time I checked it was somewhere between 4k and 5k.)
>> Disclaimer: I don't know what their policy on closing the issues is.
>
> There is a “Stale Bot” that automatically closes any issues without new comments in two or three weeks.
>
> So they have very few open issues.

Ok, so we can forget about that terrible idea.

Investigating a build failure on our buildbot yesterday, I found a 3-year-old open ticket that described the issue. I'm grateful we don't have an automated process that closed that ticket, because that ticket showed me that the build failure also occurred for other users long ago, so I did not need to spend time investigating for example whether the problem was caused by a change in a new OS version. It also saved me the time I would have spent filing a new issue. I can instead spend that time on actually fixing the build failure.