Creating a port for non-free software

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 24 07:55:32 UTC 2018

On 24/10/18 05:35, David Strubbe wrote:
> In my experience, that code is also a nightmare to compile. I tried once
> and gave up, because it made so many assumptions about the environment
> that were not true on a Mac.

That could be viewed as a reason *for* making a port, as once someone
has fixed all the niggles everyone else benefits. Maybe having access to
all MacPorts dependencies would help as well...

Now I understand how the fetch phase would work, I think there could be
some benefit, if you can get it to work ;)

Chris