viewing code while respecting defines

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:24:39 UTC 2018

I don't know if I asked this correctly, and it's not macports-specific, but I don't know where else to ask.

Some of the code I'm trying to tweak (llvm-N, webkit2-gtk-N, etc) has a lot of #defines in it to modify code paths for various OS versions.

It can get pretty mind-bending to try to follow the code path.

Is there any editor that shows you somewhat more clearly what code path you will be following with certain sets of defines?

I'm imagining something that will grey-out the code that won't be followed, or hide it, or fold it, or something that allows you to see where you will be going with, say, the standard set of __APPLE__ defines.

Thanks,

Ken