Reduce App

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 19 13:37:45 UTC 2018

On Sep 18, 2018, at 21:48, Mark Brethen wrote:

> The current src for reduce now builds a reduce.app that you should be able to double-click to open.  Should this be moved to the Macports Applications folder? There is also a script "redcsl" which must be stored adjacent to reduce.app. A command "redcsl" issued from terminal should open the GUI. If I move it then the Macports Application folder needs to be added to $PATH.
>
> Or I can just leave in /opt/local/...

Applications go in ${applications_dir} (which is usually /Applications/MacPorts)

Command line programs go in ${prefix}/bin (which is usually /opt/local/bin)

If the redcsl script requires that it is in the same folder as the application, then I would fix the script so that that is no longer required.