Disabling universal on Mojave

Perry E. Metzger pmetzger at macports.org
Sun Sep 30 12:03:21 UTC 2018

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 00:15:09 -0500 Ryan Schmidt
<ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 2018, at 08:13, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>
> > It's relatively important that
> > https://github.com/macports/macports-base/pull/107
> > get dealt with relatively soon. There are significant ports that
> > fail to build for Mojave because universal builds fail.
>
> Can you give an example?

libomp was the worst problem, though it's been kludged around by
disabling universal only on Mojave in the Portfile. I'm a bit tired
but I'm pretty sure I hit at least one other.

> > If we can't deal with it reasonably quickly, can we rig up the
> > universal portgroup to disable universal on Mojave until 107 gets
> > committed?
>
> If you're referring to the muniversal portgroup, then that would
> only affect ports that use that portgroup. Is it only ports using
> that portgroup that are affected?

Good point. It might not be.

Anyway, I think it would be good to get #107 fixed relatively quickly.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		pmetzger at macports.org