GSoC 2019 [Collect build statistics]

Arjun Salyan arjun.salyan.che17 at itbhu.ac.in
Mon Apr 1 16:38:32 UTC 2019

Hi,
I was working on keeping the PortIndex updated, and was able to achieve
this:

   - Sync Portindex from 'rsync://
   rsync.macports.org/macports//trunk/dports/PortIndex_darwin_16_i386/PortIndex
   '
   - Update or Add ports that were recently built on 10.14_x86_64 (using
   time frame 'last 24 hours' for now).
   - New ports, (SoapyAirspy
   <https://frozen-falls-98471.herokuapp.com/ports/SoapyAirspy/>,
   SoapyAirspyHF
   <https://frozen-falls-98471.herokuapp.com/ports/SoapyAirspyHF/> etc)
   were successfully added, and can now be seen on the demo app.

This is exactly the approach I wrote in the proposal and I wanted to show a
working demo, so that I can get feedback about how efficient this method is.
The script I used: update_portindex.py
<https://github.com/arjunsalyan/MacPorts-Demo-App/blob/master/parsing-scripts/update_portindex.py>
.
( note: the code might not be very well written, I was just looking to get
things working. Also, I am only updating ports built on '10.14_x86_64')

I am also scared of running a for-loop over the entire portindex to update/
add the recently built ports. Could you please take a look and comment on
how good this approach is?

Thank You