GSoC 2019 [Buildbot ideas]

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Apr 2 14:16:12 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 16:01, Pierre Tardy wrote:

> Not sure if this is applicable, but there is no import method from
> buildbot 0.8.x to buildbot 0.9+

I don't believe we really need that.

It would be nice to "export" all the relevant (summary) data once
before decommissioning the old master (or rather import it from an
external script using the existing json api and store it into an
independent database, for example like shown on this demo page:
https://frozen-falls-98471.herokuapp.com/ports/SoapyAirspy/), but I
don't have absolutely any expectations about keeping the old data
around in the new interface. You already loose all the data even by
trivial actions such as renaming the builder, so ...

(An expected downside is that we sometimes link to buildbot logs from
our bug tracker, but we keep loosing those logs all the time already
since the buildbot master only keeps the last 10k builds.)

Maybe I didn't understand what Rajdeep was asking. If the "old
database" referred to our existing 0.8 setup: no, we don't have any
expectations to keep that one around after the upgrade.

Mojca