GSoC Proposal

Renee Otten ottenr.work at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 13:22:34 UTC 2019

hi Karan,

this looks like a very good start! There are a few things that should be changed and I listed them below (some of them common to all three ports):

1) you’re missing the “license” field (you should have gotten a warning about this when doing “port lint —nitpick py-upt”)
2) the value for “homepage” seems incorrect
3) since upt is a tool (i.e., run on the command line and not really used as a library by other packages) only one Python version would suffice. I'd suggest to only add “37” after “python.versions”
4) the category of your dependencies is not completely correct. Indeed, py-setuptools is a build-dependency, but py-spdx-lookup is not. The latter is needed when using upt and should, therefore, be listed as “depends_lib-append”.
5) please add "supported_archs     noarch” after “platforms"; since there are no architecture dependent files installed (as is often the case for Python scripts)
6) a little bit nitpicking: (i) add a new line after the modeline, (2) add “revision 0” after “version”

I do agree with adding ports for the frontends and macports-backend. I suppose these should be all installed by default in the py-upt port since the program isn’t very useful otherwise); one could also add variants but I am not sure if that’s all that useful in this case.

Best,
Renee