GSoC Proposal

KARAN SHETH karan.sheth at somaiya.edu
Sat Apr 6 11:54:37 UTC 2019

Hey,

> Check your dependencies; this should only happen if your port does not
> depend on the port that provides this file, i.e. python37. You might be
> overwriting the dependency by setting depends_lib rather than appending
> to it.

Changing from this :

if {${name} ne ${subport}} {
    depends_build-append \
                        port:py${python.version}-setuptools

    depends_lib-append  port:py${python.version}-spdx

    livecheck.type      none
}

to this:

depends_build-append \
                    port:py${python.version}-setuptools

depends_lib-append  port:py${python.version}-spdx

livecheck.type      none

solved the issue.

I have submitted a PR[1] for spdx, spdx-lookup, upt, upt-pypi,
upt-cpan and upt-macports.

Please review the same.

I would also like to ask if anything else needs to be added or updated
in the proposal as the deadline is nearing.

Thanks,
Karan Sheth

[1] https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/4032

--