Speed up trace mode (GSoC Project)

Mihir Luthra 1999mihir.luthra at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 15:02:09 UTC 2019

Hi,

I was trying to test the code by making changes but I am stuck with one
issue.
If I install from git and set it up I always receive this error message. [1]

1) I tried `make` on base code taken as it is from git without checking out
to latest version, it showed this error.
2) I tried `make` on v2.5.4, it still shows same error.
3) I tried source install, here the installation completes successfully and
mostly everything works fine except trace mode.( I didn’t make any changes
to source code)
    I tried installing 7-8 ports in this case and whenever I used trace
mode, it said unable to fetch archive.

In case of git install, it seems to be some error of that macro
HAVE_DECL_RL_USERNAME_COMPLETION_FUNCTION.
Because only if it is false, it should move to next macro and choose to use
username_completion_function.
But in make errors, it says rl_username_completion_function is declared
somewhere and exists. So I guess  HAVE_DECL_RL_USERNAME_COMPLETION_FUNCTION
should have been defined. [2]

Regards,
Mihir

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz1h_hHcxZVEbmdBa2Y3dzdNUVltaUV5b3ZURFJrT3VWQXZR/view?usp=sharing