GSoC 2019 - trace mode improvements

Davide Gerhard rainbow at irh.it
Sun Apr 7 10:55:11 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 07/04/2019 11:55 CEST, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> Dear Davide,
>
> On Sun, 7 Apr 2019 at 09:40, Davide Gerhard wrote:
>>
>> Seems that macports-dev@ has not received my proposal (sent yesterday);
>> moreover, mailman does not answer to my command or only after some hour.
>
> This is strange and might need to be put to attention of our
> infrastructure team. Can you send the logs / responses to
>     macports-infra at lists.macports.org
> (I don't know if that works, I hope it does. You may CC me.)

Ok. now I send but the problem is not at smtp level (ingress).

> I'm now replying to the development mailing list, but you should try
> to get subscribed nonetheless.

I was subscribed.
Also your answer was not signed on
https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2019-April/thread.html

>> Sorry, I am late but I saw only the other day that MacPorts
>> participate to the Google Summer of Code.
>
> Maybe we should be doing a better job in marketing :(
> Any advice on how the message could have reached you (provided that
> you have contributed before) would be greatly appreciated.

it was you on github issue about mercurial.

> Previous contribution to the project definitely brings you "extra
> points", but the time left is super scarce, so you need to use it
> well.
>
>> Any comment will be appreciate.
>
> I'm not familiar with the topic, so I cannot really advise you, but:
>
> (1) Please get subscribed to the development mailing list.
>
> (2) Please carefully read the archives at
>     https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-dev/
> in particular those from March and April this year.
>
> (2.a) There is quite a bit of extra information about trace mode on
> the list already.

read [1] and related thread and probably I am too late to contribute through
GSoC. So I give up.

/davide

[1] https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2019-April/040495.html