Idea: Quicklisp → upt → MacPorts

Christopher Chavez chrischavez at gmx.us
Sun Apr 7 18:48:39 UTC 2019

(Currently at least one port maintainer suggested their Lisp ports be removed from MacPorts due to the community preference for Quicklisp. However it appears that removing ports is not preferred particularly for maintained software with no known issue being delivered by MacPorts.)

An idea for the future: if MacPorts indeed begins using upt to acquire/reuse packages from CPAN, PyPI, etc., I imagine it would be also possible for MacPorts to do this with packages from Quicklisp as well, if it’s possible to first write a upt frontend for it.

I am not a Lisp user, so I leave implementing this idea to someone interested in the Lisp ports. This is probably something to bring up with the upt or Quicklisp communities first.

Christopher A. Chavez