GSoC 2019 [Collect build statistics]

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Apr 16 07:48:51 UTC 2019

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 19:50, Arjun Salyan wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 3:03 AM Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> One thing that "urgently" needs to be done is to obfuscate the email
>>
>> (if written at all). I'm not even sure whether we actually want the
>> email being displayed there. We need it to send automated emails from
>> the buildbot in case some failure happens, or to occasionally contact
>> the maintainer directly. But exposing that info on the website might
>> be too much.
>
> I had fixed it as soon as I saw the email, but couldn't reply that time.

Thank you.

>> I still need to check the code: what's your current strategy for
>> showing links to the tickets?
>> At some point we could differentiate different types of tickets (for
>> example mark bugs separately).
>
> Sorry to disappoint you here, but right now I am using web scrapping to do this. I am looking for a plugin that could add public api feature to track tickets, but maybe it doesn't exist right now. We can make our own for sure.

OK, thank you.

Maybe something like
    https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/XmlRpcPlugin
could help. But I wouldn't concentrate on this right now. The existing
implementation does the job. Not in an efficient way, maybe not super
reliably, but there are other things with higher priority to do first.
This could be addressed after the other important stuff has been
implemented.

> I have added it to maintainer-detail and port-detail. But it still needs some work on its position on the page.

Awesome. The search inside maintainer and category are really helpful.

At some point (but not now) we could add search through descriptions
and long descriptions as well, and to some extent group subports (some
experiments would be needed to figure out how to present that data in
a nice and useful way).

Regarding maintainers I left some notes in the PR.

Mojca