GSoC 2019 [Buildbot ideas]

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Apr 18 05:59:07 UTC 2019

Dear Rajdeep,

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 at 12:38, Rajdeep Bharati wrote:

> About the npm dependencies: Can't it be taken care of by using buildbot-www from pypi?

While I'm not yet sure about the npm packages situation, I looked a
bit around and bumped into
    https://www.freshports.org/devel/py-buildbot-www/

You could cheat a bit (and copy stuff :) regarding dependencies etc.,
but in any case I believe that the packaging of buildbot on FreeBSD is
very closely resembling what we want to do in MacPorts. I believe we
could also simply package py37-buildbot-pkg, py37-buildbot,
py37-buildbot-www, and maybe add some more packages (whatever is
needed). Those packages are basically pure python modules (and
buildbot-www depends on buildbot, which is one reason more to package
it as a python module). On top of py37-buildbot we could create a port
simply called "buildbot" that depends on py37-buildbot and takes care
of startupitem stuff etc.

For setting up the initial version of these python packages you may
test the new upt tool (and report any potential issues you find):
    https://github.com/macports/upt-macports/pull/1
and feel free to ask if something is not clear with respect to packaging.

Mojca