Speed up trace mode (GSoC Project)

Mihir Luthra 1999mihir.luthra at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 09:22:29 UTC 2019

Hi Clemens,

> What's your current progress? Do you have some code already?

I made a complete offset based ctrie implementation in which any process
can insert and search on basis of a shared memory. Kindly provide me with
your views on it :)

All main code is in [1].
The header file contains all definitions.[2]

Shell script [3] runs the makefile and executes [4].

[4] is a basic test file which takes strings as arguments and all those
strings are attempted to be inserted into ctrie by different threads.

initSharedMemory() does all initialising of shared memory and mmaping and
returns a SharedMemoryManager type struct.
insert() and search() need that struct as an argument from the calling
process along with string to be inserted and permission.

I have tested it with few threads working concurrently and inserting few
strings.

This works as intended till now.
The implementation still needs to be made space efficient and needs to
increase memory size if we run out of it.

[1]
https://github.com/MihirLuthra/offsetBasedCtrie/blob/master/libpathSearch.c
[2] https://github.com/MihirLuthra/offsetBasedCtrie/blob/master/PathSearch.h
[3] https://github.com/MihirLuthra/offsetBasedCtrie/blob/master/make.sh