Setting up port builds on Azure using master branch of macports

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 4 15:34:56 UTC 2019

On Aug 1, 2019, at 10:50, Blair Zajac wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2019, at 2:01 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Is anyone willing to set up one Azure build instance running macports
>> master when building the ports?
>>
>> This could help us spot any potential issues with our code in the
>> master branch in the future.

> Why Azure?

We already use Azure to test pull requests, but we test against the released version of MacPorts base, currently 2.5.4. I guess Mojca is suggesting we add another builder that uses the newer MacPorts base master, to discover if some ports are not compatible with that.

We also already use Travis CI for pull requests, but Travis was purchased by another company known for allowing its services to languish and die, hence our desire to find alternatives.

It would need to be free and support building on macOS with root access and not have such a low time limit that our builds would time out. Travis for example has a time limit of 50 minutes which has already been problematic for some ports. If you know of other services that offer that, let us know.