New MacPorts ports database site

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Fri Aug 23 06:50:10 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 8:16 AM Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 06:17, Joshua Root wrote:
> >
> > MacPorts' new ports database is live at <https://ports.macports.org/>.
>
> I would like to ask for an opinion.
>
> Please compare
>     https://ports.macports.org/maintainer/github/ryandesign/
> and
>     https://ports.macports.org/ports/variant/universal
>
> In the first URL subports are grouped. Which one do you like better,
> or do you have any ideas for further improvements?

I liked the first one. I found it easy to see the subports and also to
read the list of ports as compared to second one.

Although I felt the spacing between rows were a bit further apart (in
first one), and in second one there were back to back.
Maybe spacing can be modified in somewhere between these two ? Not too
far but not also back to back. I am not expert of pixel values but
something like 2px might look better ?

Also the first column is too wide, maybe a small dropdown arrow kind
of symbol would
be sufficient.

--
Jackson Isaac