Preparing for 2.6.0 beta

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 24 04:10:45 UTC 2019

On Aug 23, 2019, at 22:45, Joshua Root wrote:

> I think we're pretty close to being ready to make a new stable branch
> and tag a beta. Clemens is going to make one more change related to
> Xcode checking; are there any other changes that really need to go in
> before the beta?

It would be nice if the problems with archive_site_local could be fixed. We use a custom archive_site_local on Buildbot and Travis and because of these bugs it doesn't work quite right.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/57718

Unexpected behavior when archive_site_local contains more than 1 URL

I submitted a PR for this. You requested tests verifying the behavior. I don't know how to write tests for MacPorts.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/57719

archive_site_local URLs are attempted twice

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/57720

preferred_hosts has no effect on archive_site_local

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/57690

Warning when disabling default archive_sites

This isn't really related, but maybe something we should fix: either our behavior is wrong or our documentation about being able to disable this setting is wrong.

I think similar problems probably exist for the local setting for master_sites and patch_sites.