[certbot] port upgrade fails

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Fri Aug 30 14:52:23 UTC 2019

Bjarne,

There are two ways of implementing what I have in mind:

1) variants, e.g. certbot-apache could be installed as certbot +apache (variants are very common in Portfiles)

2) sub-ports, where there are several sub-ports in a Portfile, e.g. php (maybe an extreme example) or sqlite3.

I didn’t develop the certbot-apache and certbot-nginx ports, but took over as maintainer, as I maintain py-acme and certbot. I would have implemented these as variants.

At this point option 2 is better, as the (sub-)port name won’t change, but I can update all three together  in a single Portfile.