Developer mode

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 12:53:13 UTC 2019

This would be very helpful.

I often have to rerun failed build commands by hand to troubleshoot problems.

Also, I’d note the following comments about the use of color to provide visual context for quickly parsing output. Both git and brew use color effectively.

Adding a feature, say, to color errors in red, would allow developers to quickly pinpoint problems, rather than scanning for the word “error,” which can be nontrivial if one is using tools over a mobile device or through a VNC connection. Or using color to visually highlight different port phases.

https://saagarjha.com/blog/2019/04/26/thoughts-on-macos-package-managers/