Is it possible to use cmake and python portgroup together?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Dec 28 12:59:56 UTC 2019

On 2019-12-28 23:24 , Ruben Di Battista wrote:
> I’m revamping the ports of PySide2 and FreeCad with all the
> dependencies, and I’d like to build Shiboken2 with cmake (in order to
> provide the config file), but still I need the creation of the various
> python ports etc… Can I use both? Or do I need to replicate the stub
> port management done in the python port group manually?

I don't see how using both could make sense. The python portgroup is for
building with a setup.py, and it sounds like you're not doing that.

If you include both, I would assume that a number of options have
conflicting defaults and you'd have to override some options manually.
Nothing's impossible, but it could easily end up being more work than
just using one portgroup.

- Josh