gmake and trace mode

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Feb 2 02:34:34 UTC 2019

On Feb 1, 2019, at 20:04, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2019-2-2 12:59 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 1, 2019, at 19:53, Joshua Root wrote:
>>
>>> It only works when using default settings -- cmake-1.1 allows using
>>> ninja in which case this would not be correct.
>>>
>>> See <https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.13/variable/CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM.html>
>>
>> "proc cmake::handle_generator" sets build.cmd to "make" or "ninja". So maybe that's sufficient?
>
> Only if configure.pre_args is not modified by the portfile (removing the
> trace) before setting cmake.generator. Maybe that never happens? But it
> seems like a callback would be safer.

I think the portgroup already assumes that it is in charge of configure.pre_args and that the portfile won't modify it, or at least will modify it at the right time, whatever that is. Even before my change, the portgroup's default value of configure.pre_args references many other variables and procedures (${cmake.build_type}, ${cmake.install_prefix}, [cmake::system_prefix_path], [cmake::ccaching], [cmake::module_path], [cmake::rpath_flags]); changes to any of those vars and procs wouldn't be reflected in configure.pre_args either if the order of setting them is "wrong".