rpath argument change in GCC / LD

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Mon Feb 4 16:45:52 UTC 2019

Ken and I are discussing off-list too :)

gfortran is interpreting the '-Wl,-rpath' flag provided to it. In our testing both "-Wl,-rpath,PATH" and "-Wl,-rpath -Wl,PATH" work, but "-Wl,-rpath=PATH" does not work. Doesn't seem to matter if PATH or "PATH" (quoted or not).

It could be that gfortran8 behaves differently than gfortran[4-7] or gfortran9 ... I don't know yet, but I'm testing on older OSX to try to figure out the pattern.

I'm not sure why my current NumPy patch to tweak the rpath here isn't working, since it -should- produce '-Wl,-rpath -Wl,"PATH"' ... I'll keep bashing on it ... - MLD