taskgated over the top during builds?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 23:52:41 UTC 2019

Hi,

Not really a MacPorts question, but definitely devel-related:

I've started noticing things in my system.log while trying to get Mesa 18.3 to build :
Feb  7 00:32:15 Portia.local taskgated[18]: *** LOG MESSAGE QUOTA EXCEEDED - SOME MESSAGES FROM THIS PROCESS HAVE BEEN DISCARDED ***
Feb  7 00:33:25 Portia.local taskgated[18]: *** LOG MESSAGE QUOTA EXCEEDED - SOME MESSAGES FROM THIS PROCESS HAVE BEEN DISCARDED ***
Feb  7 00:34:26 Portia.local taskgated[18]: *** LOG MESSAGE QUOTA EXCEEDED - SOME MESSAGES FROM THIS PROCESS HAVE BEEN

and top shows that taskgated is indeed actually competing for CPU with the compiler. I think I notice this (much) more if the build uses lots of shell scripts (libtool...) but am not sure of that yet.

Any idea what this can be? This is on 10.9 so SIP and family are not involved; taskgated runs with the -p and -s options.

Thanks,
R.