OSX 10.6 clang / llvm circular dependency

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Mon Feb 11 16:02:22 UTC 2019

I just moved one of my build computers from OSX 10.10 to OSX 10.9, and I see the same issue with Clang / LLVM 7.0. It seems to impact just Clang / LLVM 6.0 and 7.0 thus far, but it still exists; this is a completely separate install from my 10.6 -- different computer and partition. I didn't seem to encounter it when updating OSX 10.10 or later, but I also wasn't looking specifically so it might have been there & I just missed it. When I move to 10.8 aand earlier (and, back to 10.10 and later) I'll look specifically. Guessing the difference as noted is between the latest release and the latest GIT master. I haven't done a commit review to track down the culprit, but hopefully I'll get there in the coming days. - MLD