OSX 10.6 clang / llvm circular dependency

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:05:22 UTC 2019

Blacklisting the currently building compiler if not installed was always meant to be there; it's part of every other clang version.

Slipped past someone.

Thanks.

Ken

<https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/e4b5bc78c3859b899689f16fae4951323247e8d8>

PS - you may wonder if it is EVER a good idea on MacPorts to build a compiler with the same compiler -- ie perhaps the current compiler should always be blacklisted? Currently we blacklist it only if it's not already installed.

I pondered doing that just now -- but Jeremy put it this way for a reason -- perhaps way back when, when clang-3.4 libstdc++ was needed to bootstrap clang-3.4 libc++.

I left it like Jeremy put it for now. If we run into troubles (like a broken install of clang-7.0 that tries to rebuild itself with the broken install of clang-7.0, for example) we can just universally blacklist the current compiler.

Ken