+universal and static libraries

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:37:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

Is there a reliable way to build projects that use/produce static libraries with +universal but without the muniversal PG?

I've been tinkering with an upgrade for port:mesa, the current version uses static libraries internally as intermediate build products, something I noticed only when I got message saying that "archive is built for architecture which is not the architecture being built for (XXX)". Funnily enough I did manage to get the thing to build once but haven't been able to reproduce that feat.

Thanks,
R.