Discussion of idea: Auto-detection of build dependencies [GSoC][Application Process]

Arghya Bhattacharya arghya.b at research.iiit.ac.in
Wed Feb 27 16:37:49 UTC 2019

Greetings all,

I'd like to contribute to MacPorts.

I've gone through the ideas and Auto-detection of build dependencies seems interesting to me.

I have queries regarding the same:
- Is the project in reference to changing "port reclaim", more specifically change port reclaim to not delete build dependencies?
- Auto-Detecting the build dependencies would essentially mean replicating the behavior of "port deps" or "port info"?
- How should I go about contributing to the code?

Regards
Arghya Bhattacharya