Help with a Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 15 00:35:54 UTC 2019

On Jan 13, 2019, at 21:04, iEFdev wrote:

> That one will clone… but, it won't create a tarball if I skip the fetch part.. And there's some really odd naming thing going on.

The odd naming is just how GitHub works. The github portgroup handles all the details of that for you; you don't need to worry about it.

> In my Portfile… Don't know if to treat the “upstream/”-part as a part of the tag, or as a prefix. I have tried both:
> github.setup        ByteInternet libapache-mod-fastcgi 2.4.7_0910052141 upstream/
> github.tarball_from releases
> distname            libapache-mod-fastcgi-upstream-2.4.7_0910052141

Do not use "github.tarball_from releases" for this project because this project does not offer any release downloads. Leave github.tarball_from and distname at their default values.

> I see now there's an SSL error in the logs, on the line below the github line? That can't be good. <_<
>     :debug:fetch Fetching distfile failed: error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version
>
> // I'm using: OSX 10.7.5, MacPorts 2.5.4 ,Xcode 4.3.3

You cannot fetch from GitHub using the curl bundled with a macOS version that old.