Error writing data to TLS socket: The specified session has been invalidated for some reason.

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 00:08:39 UTC 2019

I’m not sure which port is causing this error I’m seeing since recent updates.

To see it, use something like epiphany or surf

surf www.github.com
epiphany www.github.com

I think the error is in gnutls, maybe in libidn2?

I’m narrowing it down to perhaps the srp authentication module, but I’m out of my depth to an extent.

i’m not sure yet if it’s a MacPorts thing, or some new bug that slipped into gnutls.

Anyway, it seems to stop the use of things that use gnutls against some authenticating websites.

Ken