Online MacPorts meeting for GSOC @ Saturday 24th January

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Jan 24 22:05:53 UTC 2019

Hi,

This is a reminder for anyone interested in Google Summer of Code that
we plan an online meeting this Saturday. (Please let me know if you
plan to join, so that we know whom to expect.)

I assume that we would have some participants from Europe & India. If
participants from China/Australia or USA are interested in joining,
please raise your hands and we'll try to shift the timing into either
direction to suite the participants better.

Else we might go with 13:00 UTC, suggestions welcome. Let's try to
make the meeting short.

We don't have too many mentors, but we could mentor up to two or max.
three students provided that we get accepted and find suitable
candidates (one project in base, one project in infrastructure, one
with ports). Ideally each project needs two mentors (one at least for
backup). We need to discuss the application, review and refine the
ideas etc. (Or we could decide not to apply ...)

Please send your ideas for GSOC project proposals, even if you don't
plan to participate at the meeting. Also, we would really need a list
of simple tasks that students could do while learning our codebase
(for example something that would take an experienced developer 5-10
minutes to fix).

Mojca