Q about a (new) portgroup file

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jan 27 11:41:28 UTC 2019

> On 27 Jan 2019, at 11:35 am, Eric F (iEFdev) <eric at iefdev.se> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> While waiting on a PR and a ticket, I spent the weekend looking at file I once started with.
>
> // From an earlier convo (w Ryan):
> >> I don't think anybody has worked on a gitlab portgroup. I'm sure there are several ports already for software that's hosted at gitlab. Having such a portgroup is probably a good idea.
> > I started once making a version of the github-1.0.tcl. I think I came half way, and then there was the downloads links/API that differed a bit. I can put it up somewhere if someone wants to help me out on it.
>

> So, I'd like to ask… Where to put it?

The port group code lives in the same GitHub project as the ports. See

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/tree/b7dbaee30cd63f197eb8d1b0db9090a5a5c948f4/_resources/port1.0/group <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/tree/b7dbaee30cd63f197eb8d1b0db9090a5a5c948f4/_resources/port1.0/group>

New port groups should just be added there.

I would also say submissions of new groups should proceed as PR request just like port updates/submissions.

Chris