Self-made port breaks after deactivating and reactivating

alex-rusch at t-online.de alex-rusch at t-online.de
Tue Jan 29 16:40:15 UTC 2019

Hello fellow MacPorts enthusiasts,

I am new to developing Portfiles and I currently work on my first own port
(in a local repository). It configures, builds, destroots and installs two
targets: A dynamic library and an executable, the former being linked to
the latter.
I can confirm that both are fully working after the port installation.
However, as soon as I deactivate the port and reactivate that same port
variant, the executable does not work anymore as the library is no longer
loaded correctly.
Error:
    dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libtestmp.dylib
      Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/bintestmp
      Reason: image not found
    Abort trap: 6

The library itself still works just fine.

Performing 'otool -L' on the binary reveals that, indeed, the shared
library is no longer loaded correctly (its correct location is
/opt/local/lib/libtestmp.dylib):
    @rpath/libtestmp.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version
    0.0.0)

Manually relinking the shared library with 'install_name_tool' succeeds and
fixes the executable.

I tried to fix this issue myself and searched for similar problems but I
could not find an answer, which is why I am finally writing to this list.
Can you help me with that issue? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks a lot in advance, any help is much appreciated!