Docker container with MacPorts

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Jul 16 08:05:24 UTC 2019

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 at 14:32, Karan Sheth wrote:

> OK sorry, actually if we are just pushing Dockerfile with it's setup documentation then I guess, there's no need of another repo.

Yes, just Dockerfile (+ docs & tests), nothing in binary form.

> So it could be something like
> - Dockerfile and it's documentation
> - Azure CI to test run if the dockerfile works perfectly
> - Moving forward as you said we can add official Macports Image to docker registry so that can also be automated via CI
>
> Sounds good?

Yes, that's precisely what I had in mind. As for the location, it
would make sense if others would cast their vote. One option would be
macports-base (as that's what we are basically shipping), else
macports-infrastructure.

I don't know whether or not it would make sense to run PortIndex at
image creation as that would make the image rather non-reproducible
(different image every time when you try to create it).

In any case it might be nice to generate the portindex for linux on the server
    https://github.com/macports/macports-infrastructure/blob/master/jobs/mprsyncup#L67
which would dramatically reduce the startup time.

Mojca