`port select python` and qtwebengine

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 2 15:47:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

The behaviour of any given portfile should never depend on whatever ‘port select’ choices a user may have made. The base changes you describe below seem and overly complex way to solve the problem in general. If a build requires a given python version, but provides no options to control how to get that version then that really is a deficiency in upstreams build system. In cases like this your best bet (other than to report the issue back upstream) I think is to patch the build system directly, for instance changing whatever you need to force the use of the correct macports python command.

Chris