`port select python` and qtwebengine

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 09:20:56 UTC 2019

Hi,

Would it be possible (and acceptable) to prevent the kind of build failure we're talking about here by setting up a temporary symlink to a sanctioned python interpreter in a build-specific tmp directory and prepend that directory to the configure/build/destroot paths (if there isn't one yet)?

For a smaller project I'd just try to find all build commands that call an unspecified `python` exec but the QtWebEngine build system is much too complex and a trial-and-error procedure way too costly.