[MacPorts] #58567: qca: update to 2.2.1 for botan2 compatibility

Chih-Hsuan Yen yan12125 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 10:48:43 UTC 2019

 > MacPorts wrote on 20190606::15:33:53 re: "[MacPorts] #58567: qca:
update to 2.2.1 for botan2 compatibility"

 > > available since qca 2.2.0. As botan2 is needed for OpenSSL 1.1 (2),
could
 > > you update qca?
 > > I'm fine with either approach.
 >
 > > Ticket URL: <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/58567>
 >
 > Hmmm, I did not realise I was the only remaining maintainer of
port:qca (in my mind I maintained qca-qt5 only).

 > Is there anyone who wouldn't mind becoming co-maintainer (or taking
over) and who has commit access? I'm not very interested in the prospect
of having to apply possibly multiple and urgent fixes to this port that
I cannot commit myself...

If you are going to submit a patch or a pull request for this update, I
will be glad to apply or merge it. I'm not interested in co-maintaining
qca in the long term, though.

 > That said, can't the 2 botan versions coexist?

It's possible to have both botan 1.x and 2.x ports, but I don't think
there is a need as all reverse dependents seem to work without a botan
2.x port. Also, 1.x branch has reached End-Of-Life in the end of 2018 [1].

 > R.

Regards,

Chih-Hsuan Yen

[1] https://github.com/randombit/botan/tree/release-1_10