[MacPorts] #58653: Some portfiles fail to parse under linux

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 08:22:48 UTC 2019

MacPorts wrote on 20190627::07:18:38 re: "[MacPorts] #58653: Some portfiles fail to parse under linux"

>#58653: Some portfiles fail to parse under linux

The errors you cite all come from oversights in "base", as far as I can tell.

> Some ports fail to parse on linux:
>
> {{{
> Failed to parse file foo/bar/Portfile: MacPorts does not support qt4 on
> platforms other than darwin
> }}}

Presumably a PortGroup issue.

[...]
> Failed to parse file security/botan/Portfile: can't read
> "merger_configure_args()": no such element in array
> }}}

`build_arch` not set, or set to an empty value? I vaguely recall I had to patch "base" for this when I started using it on Linux. I can confirm though that port:botan *builds* on Linux.

> And a large number of ports produce (probably harmless) warnings:
> {{{
> Warning: All compilers are either blacklisted or unavailable; defaulting
> to first fallback option

This one is harmless indeed.