Merging "port migrate"?

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sun Jun 30 12:00:18 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 11:58:04PM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> We are approaching the release of 10.15.
>
> What are the chances to get the "port migrate" code merged before the
> end of this summer and before the release of 10.15?
>
> If we wait too long, the OS might change sufficiently that the code
> will stop working one day.

The only problem left I currently see is how the code deals with
variants in non-requested ports. At the moment, only requested ports are
being reinstalled, but these requested ports might only work correctly
if non-requested ports are reinstalled with the same variants (which
might not be the default ones).

If that were fixed, the code would be good to go from my PoV. Does
somebody have time to work on this?

--
Clemens