macOS 10.15 Read Only root

Kridsada Thanabulpong sirn at ogsite.net
Sun Jun 30 14:50:11 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have been running Catalina for a while and from my quick testing of
creating .rootro, reboot, and mkdir /sw, the whole process went through
just fine and /sw become writable (thanks to firmlinks).

I couldn't try creating /opt because I already had it from Mojave.

So far, the only issue seems to be you cannot completely remove /opt or
/sw anymore once they're created. mkdir is fine, but rmdir'ing them will
result in "Operation not permitted" error.

I'm not able to test if this is still the case with the Public Beta
(my MacBook has battery defect). I can experiment again once I regain
access to a Mac.

Regards,
Kridsada