Google Summer Of Code

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Mar 2 14:03:05 UTC 2019

On 28.02.19 10:35, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Dear Ryan,
>
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 at 02:39, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Feb 27, 2019, at 17:07, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>>
>>> Now it's really time to:
>>> - Put a short news with a logotype on at least https://www.macports.org (Ryan?)
>>
>> I don't think I was involved in that before; I don't know what we've done before. I would ask that someone else do it.
>
> How does our website get deployed / who has permissions to change it?
> Me or Umesh can modify the contents, but I'm not sure how the rest of
> the process goes until it ends on the website.

Everything pushed to the macports-www repository will be deployed via a
buildbot job [1] to our server automatically.

> Also, what's your stand with respect to merging
> https://github.com/macports/macports-www/pull/13? I would be in
> favour, but we should really not delay such things. Either we decide
> to merge it or do something else, but we should not let valuable
> potential contributors wait until they give up.

+1

There are now objections in the pull request, so I am in favor of
merging this as it is.

Rainer

[1]
https://github.com/macports/macports-infrastructure/blob/master/buildbot/master.cfg#L701-L727