license query

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 12:29:19 UTC 2019

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to expand a bit, the port I am working on just takes the Pypi who, and installs that into the macports python builds. See for instance

https://github.com/cjones051073/macports-ports/blob/add-pytorch/python/py-mkl/Portfile <https://github.com/cjones051073/macports-ports/blob/add-pytorch/python/py-mkl/Portfile>

As we are just taking the pre-pared releases from PyPi, and installing them, I was assuming that if that’s OK for PyPi its OK for us, as we ae only doing what pip users would anyway do.

PyTorch can take advantage of these libraries, but it can also build without them if needed. Its just not as efficient. So if people really where un easy the MKL dependency could be dropped.

Also note I was looking at the FAQ

https://software.intel.com/en-us/mkl/license-faq <https://software.intel.com/en-us/mkl/license-faq>

regarding the license.

cheers Chris