GSoC 2019 [Collect build statistics]

Arjun Salyan arjun.salyan.che17 at itbhu.ac.in
Sat Mar 16 09:34:57 UTC 2019

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 at 7:51 AM, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> JFYI:
>
> It might theoretically be a valid situation to have two entries with the
> same name (software gets deleted, then two years later an unrelated
> software with the same name gets added; but only one entry would have the
> status "active" and the others not). A lot more common case would be that a
> port gets renamed, even if just by changing the capitalisation. Or the
> version or -devel suffix gets attached to the end, then removed again ...

We will always have the option to identify ports with primary keys in the
database. But since, only one entry will have active status at any given
time, so we can go for two filters- first the port name obatined from the
url and whether it is active or not.

The parse-builbot-logs.py script worked perfectly fine. Thank You so much.
>From last year’s email archive I do got an understanding that we will have
to store these logs in the database and not fetch them from buildbot
everytime. And also, device a method to fetch logs at regular interval and
load them into the database.

Now that I have idea (just a starting point)  of these three things:
1. Using portindex- getting info of all the ports.
2. Using mpstats- submitting stats to the new django app.
3. from builbot- getting history of builds.

I am framing the tasks I need to take upon in the upcoming week, before I
actually frame my first proposal. (Please correct me if I am not heading in
the right direction)

- improving existing functionalities of the demo app and making it more and
more dynamic.
-Trying to modify the tools or methods used to obtain the data
(portindex2json etc.)
- Working on more functionalities and get the starting point for them just
like the three mentioned above (like build reproducibility)

Thank You